Monday, December 6, 2010

Green Christmas

Just taking a moment to share some of the reusable wrapping I've been working on.  Since I heard that we use 4 tons of wrapping as Americans every year, it inspired me to do more.


First I'm trying to wrap as many gifts for friends and family in reusable shopping bags as part of the Green Grocery Bag Challenge.

 This is some animal print fabric I've had for a while, I got it in a fabric swap our quilt group did a couple years ago and it seemed right for reusable grocery sacks. This one is going to a family friend. I'm planning on a few more, although the pattern I used is not lined, I think for longevity it may be nice to line it.





These are bags from a pattern I downloaded for free at allpeoplequilt.com. Perfect size for the two second hand DS's we bought our sons for Christmas. I'm making a couple more, but for these I decided to increase the height by a couple of inches to fit more in. We'll see how they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment