Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A finish

I finally finished this one. I started it before we moved last year. It's made of vegetable dyed organic cotton fat quarters. They were from Robert Kaufman I think...
It measures about 76" x 92". The pattern is Turning 20 Again. I decided on this pattern because I had about 22 of these fat quarters and I really wanted to use them all in one quilt.
I think this may be the only quilt I've made in all solids. Also the first quilt I've ever machine finished the binding. I definitely will be doing that again, so fast!
It feels really good to finally finish a big project. I'll be digging into my pile of UFOs for the next one as well.


Back 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! Your quilting is awesome! I only machine bind my quilts. . . Just can't talk myself into spending the time to hand sew. . . and if I do it and like it better - I might have to do it to all of them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a finish!! Does feel good, doesn't it! This is certainly a pretty quilt; do you do free motion machine quilting? I've never tried to do this.

    ReplyDelete