Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hobo Progress and Nook Sleeve



I've been working on a few projects this year. Some of the ladies from my quilt group and I are making a quilt from the book Hobo Quilts. In order to have it completed by the end of the year we need to do six blocks per month. There are 60 6.5 inch blocks. There are a few mistakes in the cutting instructions for some of the blocks in the book, but it hasn't been too difficult to overcome. There are mostly pieced, a few applique and even fewer paper pieced blocks. I decided to go with a lighter, more modern palette, and I think I like the way it's turning out.



I also sewed up this gadget sleeve for my son's Nook Color. It came together very quickly and fits like a glove.  You can find the tutorial here on DixieMango.com. I think I'm going to do one for my Kindle too.





No comments:

Post a Comment