Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Scrappy Triangles


I've been spending a lot of time lately making these little 4.5" half square triangles for a scrappy quilt I'm making. The last time I counted I was sure I had at least a million, turns out it's only about 380. Each of the two piles are exactly the same, so unless someone decides they want to trade triangles with me, it looks like I'm making two very similar quilts.

I've cut into every fabric in my stash, and got through two massive tubs of scraps a friend dropped by the other day. For a true charm quilt I need 802. Starting to wonder if I care if it's really a true charm quilt or not. The girls in quilt group have promised to raid their stashes in search of suitable squares so I may still get there, only 420 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. I think "true" charm quilts are overrated -- but maybe that's because I don't want to keep track of every single different fabric! :-)

    ReplyDelete